Aikido camp is for everyone!
BNA Aikido Summer Camp is a place where youth are welcomed. We know the future of aikido lies in the hands of our youth, and strive to create an atmosphere where kids practice can grow alongside and with adults.
Training: What to expect
- A corner of the mat will be designated as The Safe Zone. A certified teacher will be there to assist. The safe zone is for younger kids and less experienced youth.
- Older/more experienced youth may train outside the safe zone with the permission of their chief instructor.
There will be free practice sessions after the last afternoon class and before dinner. All Youth are encouraged to come. This has been found to be a very productive experience.
Bonus: all participants under 18 will receive a sports pack backpack with the BNA logo as a gift!
Camp Youth Program Director Leads the Way
Marci Martinez is this year's Summer Camp Youth Program Director again. She will oversee the safe zone and make sure that everyone gets their best experience training. Marci is a mom of two, and currently leads the youth program at Grass Valley Aikikai where she is also a student.
Marci loves engaging with children and brings an infectious enthusiasm to her teaching. Please come and be an Aikido Camp Kid!
Fun around Tacoma
- Jefferson Park is less than a mile from campus, and has a super fun playground and sprayground!
- Children's Museum Of Tacoma is great for the 8-and-under set, with 5 unique "Playscapes" to explore.
- Check out Tinkertopia for an array of unusual crafts and materials. Tinkertopia is right downtown in the heart of the museum district.
- Witness the fascinating art of glassmaking at the Museum of Glass and check out the kid's glass art collection while you are there!
- Good Coffee=Happy Parents. Check out Diversions Cafe right on campus for the good stuff :)